The Great Blog Backlog

Hmm, online, this last quarter of 2010 seems to be an uneventful span of 3 months. Offline however, the entire opposite holds true.

No, I haven't thrown in the towel yet. Just think that I went on a 3 month sabbatical.

Since the "Great Cleansing" of 2009 where the Semiconductor industry took a dip, things have been steadily picking up since the start of the year. That may be a good thing for all of us, but with the strong rebound came the expected increase in workload to frantically make up for lost ground.

Without giving too much away (which is against company policy, and can result in severe, career-limiting repercussions), my team is now involved in a "Big Project" which is right on schedule (and boy, what a tight schedule indeed). Right up to the very last day before X'mas, we were working on the things that we do best, down in the depths of our very own laboratory. OK, maybe I've over-dramatized it a bit. Anyway, while we're off for the entire X'mas week, the other half of the team are working on the things that they do best - all the same contributing towards accomplishing our "Big Project". Well, enough said about work!

In the past three months, there were some interesting, non-routine stuff that happened. Unfortunately, a laptop and an internet connection never seems to be around when the scarcest of commodities (free time) is in hand. Offline blogging is a work flow that I'll need to set up for next year, at least to get back on track.

Just checking around on one of my friends who regularly updates her blog at http://chenniwong.blogspot.com/, note her healthy increase in monthly posts (denoted by the red bars and trendline) versus, ahem, my humble blog (see bars and trendline in blue).


Well, the two biggest "sinks" for my time these days are:-
1. Family
2. Work

As 2010 draws to a close, I'll be posting some "retro" posts from this year.

I hope 2011 will bring better tidings!

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts