Reconnecting with old friends....

In this modern age of Facebooks and Iphones, nothing beats sitting down together with old friends at the same table for a refreshing cup of coffee and some light snacks....

It was great whenever our group got together, though these days, the ratio of current colleague to ex-colleagues is steadily approaching zero! So, today's rendezvous point was at the Old Town Cafe, at Malim Jaya. Luckily for me I double checked my SMS, as initially it registered in my mind that I should have been at the Old TASTE Cafe, also somewhere in Malim Jaya. The thing about franchises these days - they are all beginning to sound the same!

Looking at the menu, there was a lot of heavy stuff that I would not hesitate to eat perhaps five or ten year ago, but these days (when growing sideways is more of a concern), I just settled for some peanut butter toast with iced blended mocha (OK, maybe next time I try something even lighter).

Joining us at the table tonight were Kelvin and Tai, plus kid (the couple who were once working together in the company, fortunately, not in the same department). Also present was May Wan and Tang, working now more or less in the same field of expertise, but in a different company Incidentally, there are only a handful of companies in this little town called Melaka, where professionals like us gravitate. With us too was Kek, who I last saw during his wedding dinner a couple of months ago (one of those events in this quarter that I haven't got time to pen down yet). Lastly, the only other person who STILL shares the same common employer as yours truly, Low, who brought along his wife and kid.

Notably absent from the table was an old (as in long time ago) friend. Let's call him "KL" (not his real name though). Unfortunately, KL was kind of busy these days with "other higher priority stuff" as I understand it correctly. Well, I sincerely wish KL the best of luck and success with the "other higher priority stuff". Anyway, by this virtue, KL is thus nominated to be the organizer for our next get-together, hopefully, he will have some interesting good news to share with us! :)

It was a great evening, having the chance to meet up with the old gang, to exchange tales of things that have changed for the better, or for worse, or of things that have not changes at all (did I miss out any other generalization?).

With kids around these days, our outing came to an early end. Besides, tomorrow was a working day (for most of us).

I'm happy to note in general that my old friends have moved along and have found greener pastures on which to graze on, dwindling in numbers with each passing "Farewell to XXX" post that I make....

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts