Farewell to Juliyana

Sigh, another successful product from our company's *Elite Training Academy*. As of last Friday, I bid a fond farewell to the last working day of April 2011, and also to my dear old friend and decade-old colleage, Juliyana.

I came to join this company 10 years ago, immediately posted to training in a company of joint-venture, located somewhat at the other end of this country (the Northern end, that is). It was during this time that I came to meet up with my future team-mates and office buddies, one of who was Juliyana.

Can't talk to much in detail about what I do (company P&C policy makes me a hush puppy), but basically, Juliyana was in charge of computer aided-design software. Effectively using it to serve as a guide to our team-mates (both inter and intra department). Over the years, amassing lots of experience and learning from our activities, she was effectively the best epitome of a *walking dictionary*, proving indispensible to both me and my predecessor.

As are all of us, so was Juliyana a *swiss army knife* as well, capable of handling tasks well outside a generic Job Description (again, careful choice in words, so that I don't imply something that gets taken the wrong way by some strange people who are more interested in accurately documenting what one should do....).

As I know it, Juliyana moves on to greener pastures, like many of my past colleagues, have no trouble getting a better job out there in their chosen field (in some cases, even leaving the industry seems to yield better results). As a friend, I'm always happy to see any of my friends hop off this stepping stone and move on towards another milestone.

As the song goes, the sun goes on rising, the sea still rushes to shore, although Juliyana is with us no more, life goes on in the *Offiice 2*, though I think it will never be the same, without her among us....

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts