A company trip to Genting Highlands - Part I


Assembling at the car park, two buses in total

It was my turn to go along one of the three company trips to Genting Highlands, courtesy of our recreation club. Actually, I was supposed to go for all three trips, but due to my daughter's recent birth, I'm a little busy at the domestic end.

As per the plan, we were to gather at the company car park and leave at 7.00am. As per what usually happens with such plans, we ended up leaving at 7.30am instead. The arrival of passengers could basically be summarized as:-

98% arrived before 7.00am
1% arrived at 7.15am
1% arrived at 7.30am

All set and ready to go


And finally, we're off!

With the arrival of the last passenger, started off our journey and made good progress, stopping for a half-hour breakfast at the Seremban R&R area. Journey was smooth and uneventful - at that time, the roads were quite clear and traffic was scarce.

Now, upon registration, the staff basically grouped themselves among friends. The first bus that I was in was made up of more senior staff, a group of Nepalese workers and a group of Chinese guys, all of who were very quiet all the way to and fro. Our entertainment was in the form of the DVD movie played on the small TV above the driver's seat. Interestingly, the driver had a DVD packed with Thailand action movies, starring upcoming Thai martial arts expert Tony Jaa. Since they spoke in Thai language, it was a good thing that I was seated up front, so at least I could read the subtitles. The action actually quite good - on par with Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

It's only when we reached the bottom of the trail to Genting and started our ascent that things slowed down drastically. Now, I'm not very well-versed in buses, so I don't know what is considered fast and slow, but when you observe your bus being overtaken by a full-loaded sand-carrying lorry, you start to wonder if you are sitting in the Perodua Kancil of the bus world (no offense to owners of the Perodua Kancil). Well, we did arrive at the bus parking area of the First World Hotel at 11.30am, which, I'm told, was considered early compared to the first trip.

Alighting from the bus, and proceeding to the First World Hotel lobby


Just managed to take a quick group photo


Here's the First World Hotel


Entrance to the outdoor park lies at the bottom of the escalator, to the right....

We arrived around 11.30am, and made our way to the entrance of the outdoor theme park, via lobby of the First World Hotel. After each of us were tagged with a really robust tag on the wrist (which was impossible to tear, as I found out at the end of the day).

Well, after we entered the outdoor park, the entire entourage split up and went on their separate ways.

More about the Genting trip in Part II, coming soon....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

Marvin Chong said...

Thanks for the support, Bro. Unfortunately, the link to your blog is no longer active. Migrated to a new host, perhaps?

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts