Farewell to Tan SH

As mentioned near the end of my last post, yet another of my long-time colleagues would be leaving the company for greener pastures.

Well, two weeks ago was the time to say my goodbyes to Tan Swee Heng from Product Development (same department as mine, but for a different product family). Though we had never worked together before, in such a small company, it was hard not to frequently bump into each other during our daily routines (especially since we shared the same office building, separated only be by the wall of our cubical).

Soft-spoken and mild-mannered, Swee Heng was more famously known for his technical prowess than his commanding presence, but rest assured that if a problem or issue ever came into his sights, it would be dealt with systematically and swiftly.

Swee Heng adds his name to the bottom of the long list of colleagues who have since gone beyond the walls of our factory. As with the others, I'm sure that he would go far in his career with his next step forward. According to my sources (considered to be reliable), he has found a new job still in the small state of Melaka, in a Multi-national semiconductor-manufacturing factory (given how small Melaka is, making a correct guess here would be easier than striking first prize in the lottery).

Well, one evening, a few of our office colleagues got together for a small tea-time function, to bid farewell to him. There was subsequently an "offsite" dinner for this occasion, but alas I was out of the country and thus was unable to join....

In any case, may fame and fortune favour the bold - especially those like my dear friend, Tan Swee Heng...! :)













No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts