New Facebook Profile - Better, Worst or No Effect?

Facebook is unlike the other social networking site I know (Multiply) and blogging platforms (like Blogger) as the layout is practically fixed and standardized for all users (as opposed to allowing user customization via templates and themes). Where as for other sites, the freedom of creativity is left to the individual, Facebook basically locks down the template and just leaves you to worry about the contents.

There was a "relayout" done recently, not the first, as this has happened several times before.

Strangely, the change was not implemented immediately. There was a choice given to switch over to the new profile first, while Facebook was systematically rolling out the new layout to all users. Well, since it would be a matter of time until everyone was migrated, I opted to do nothing and let things happen in due course. Who knows, maybe they would change their mind and call the whole thing off?

Here's what the old profile page looked like:-


Here's the "warning" from Facebook that change was going to happen, soon (with the option to *Upgrade Now*....):-


And finally, one day, I found that I had been *upgraded* to:-


At first glance, my immediate observations were:-
  • At least the color scheme is still the same! :)
  • No more tabs at the top, but now along the left side, beneath the profile picture
  • 5 recent photos where I've been tagged are now on the top of my profile page
  • 3 by 2 friends list on the left is now replaced by a long column of friends
Well, that's it. I'm not really sure if this would have any real effect on me or my browsing experience on Facebook. For better or for worst, or perhaps it doesn't really matter at all? Anyone out there with interesting opinions to share?

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts