Durian season again at Jackson's Plantation

I got a call from my generous old friend and ex-colleague, Jackson Goh, to drop by one fine weekend. Yes, once again, it was durian season. Jackson retired recently, and from the looks of things, seems a much happier and stress-free person! :)

Though much of the land in Jackson's plantation was now occupied by palm oil trees, he still maintained a small orchard of durian trees which, though small, still managed to yield a sizable amount of fruits to treat friends to.

Getting to the right spot required a short drive off the main road, down a gentle slope. There was just a simple open gate along the road - easy to miss and overshoot if I weren't paying attention. Though Jackson got around in his 4x4 (he was the Secretary of the Puma 4x4 Club, after all), most normal road-going sedans did not have difficulty traversing the unpaved path that led to the clearing where we gathered.

With two kids, getting anywhere on time proved to be a challenge in its own right, so by the time me and my small family arrived, there was already a small group of my colleagues on the scene.

While Charmaine liked the taste of durians, in stark contrast, Christopher seemed to avoid it (much like most of my European acquaintances). Ah well, I guess there will be variations even between siblings. Anyway, my two kids seemed more excited about running around this big natural area of trees and grass. My other colleague, Goh NK, brought his kids too, but they were a little older, so it was just my two kids running and jumping around while we started to dig in to the pile of spiky fruits.

Well, it was good to see Jackson once again. Till next durian season!

KT Kong offering some durians from an opened shell

Jackson has no doubt mastered the fine art of safely splitting open a durian

Jackson's trusty 4x4, able to go where no ordinary car (especially my FD2) can even dare to dream of going

Charmaine with "dessert" after having her fill of durians

Christopher in the fine company of Lo CT and Sim BL

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts