R.I.P. Teresa Hsu @ Mother Teresa of Singapore

Today, an article in the local newspaper, The Star, caught my eye and brought a tinge of sadness to my heart. It seems that Teresa Hsu, the kind and long-lived old woman of Singapore, had finally passed on from this world....

According to the article, which can also be found online at http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/12/15/asia/10097120&sec=asia, Teresa Hsu died peacefully at home last Wednesday (7 Dec 2011) and was cremated on the same day without any ceremony, as per her wishes. She was 113 years old.

Sigh, time really flies. I still remember when I managed to meet her in Bukit Jalil some 2 years ago : http://bit.ly/uNvnwA

Way back then, even though she was ONLY 111 years old at that time, accompanied by her Brother Sharana Rao, the soft-spoken small old lady commanded the attention of a roomful of people, who listened attentively as she told here tale and life story.

Well, I am sure that in her many, many years of doing charity work, she has helped a countless number of those in need. All of which I am sure sincerely mourn the loss of such a kind, charitable and selfless being. I guess that she, like Mother Teresa, are proof that there "angels" walking among us....

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts