Farewell to Mr Moey

It was the eve of May, Labour Day. A fitting date for our farewell dinner in honour of one of Vishay Semiconductor Malaysia's "founding fathers" - Mr Moey Sam Fook.

Mr Moey had been with Vishay since 2002, heading the Finance / Costing departments (which I always manage to mix up, sometimes even today), literally keeping a watchful eye on every penny that goes in and out of Vishay's pocket.

Besides his "real job", Mr Moey has also proven himself as a natural orator and radiates confidence, as anyone who has attended events with Mr Moey as the faciliator / host / MC can agree. With a small but diverse team of individuals in VSM, it was no easy task keeping the people all working together as a team, and feeling great while doing so. Call it the soft skill or art as you may, team building sessions conducted by Mr Moey were far more effective that the typical generic offerings of the garden-variety consultant (with the possible exception of Dr Lawrence Walter Ng, perhaps).

In my years working with Mr Moey, I've had the opportunity to come to know him as a friend and fatherly figure. In the recent years, I thank him for introducing me to great "spiritual software" that is the work of Don Miguel Ruiz - The Four Agreements.

The most memorable piece of advice that I got from Mr Moey was "If you believe that something is yours, just reach out and grab it!". Which has since brought me far in my life, inspired to go all out and work for what I truly believed I deserved. Thanks a count-less many times for this - Mr Moey!

So today, though I was late to arrive (as those who are close to me can already guess, due to work - why else?), my thoughtful friend reserved some tasty dishes for me so that I did not have to dine on only the standard servings of rice and noodles.

It was nice to see everyone get together for this occasion outside of working time - a true depiction of the closeness or "kam cheng"-ness of our circle of friends. Set for the occasion, I had my trusty DSLR with me to capture some memorable photos.

As our event drew to a close, we all bid our fond farewells and best wishes to Mr Moey as he enters a new and well-deserved phase of life called "semi-retirement", going back to his family somewhere in the region of Subang Jaya. I bid good night to a dear friend, with hopes for a happy and healthy life ahead!


Photos:













No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts