Dinner at Handmade Signature, Melaka

It's been some time since I've gone out around Melaka looking for something special for dinner. So happens that a friendly colleague from Ipoh was in town, so decided to re-visit Handmade Signature.

It was a Wednesday, so usually there were less people going out to town to dinner. Then again, because of that, there were some restaurants and cafes that chose not to open, thus having dinner outside took a combination of planning, searching and a little bit of bloomin' luck to pull through.

From the outside, it was easy to miss at first. In fact, that's exactly what happened to me, so I had to circle around for another pass and drive SLOWLY the second time just to be sure I didn't miss it again.

For whatever reason, did not make any booking for this occasion, so just drove there straight after work. Fortunately, we arrived early, so we could secure a nice table (later as the evening progressed, the place did start to get a little packed, so it was good that we were ahead of the crowd).

Having a look at the menu, decided to go for something I believe I had never tried before. Short description on the menu was "Salmon" and the full text read "Pan seared salmon served with sautéed baby romaine and honey baked ham; king oyster mushroom, cauliflower purée and balsamic reduction".

When the dish finally arrived, was somewhat not surprised to find it was smaller than I had hoped for. Fortunately, we also ordered a pizza to share between us. Otherwise, would still be hungry.


The plate above was a regular sized plate, so you can imagine why I feel the food-to-plate size ratio is approaching fine-dining proportions. Not sure if this has always been the same, but next time I'm here, will try something else other than the "main course" part of the menu....

Handmade signature was still a good choice for those special group events such as birthday parties and other celebrations. Just be aware of what you're ordering and be prepared to pay more for sufficient food unless you have a group of light eaters.... 😅

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts