Charity at the Bukit Baru Home for the Disabled

One fine Saturday afternoon, I joined my old friend and colleague Kanagarajah and his family, at the Handicapped and Mentally-retarded Children's Center Melaka. My kind friend offered the occupants of this center lunch, as a form of charity from himself and his family. My wife and kids could not make it, as I would have also brought them along.



The Center itself was located in the center of the Bukit Baru district, right next to the busy Jiki food court, across the road from the Bukit Baru Police Station. However, many drive past without knowing of their existence. Like many similar homes and care centers (as I have written about in my experience with the Puma 4x4 club earlier this year), the signs and banners are almost non-existent, so the majority of the populace might not know that there are really many of these homes sporadically located all around.

It is good to note that in spite of times like these, where the whole world has gone materialistic, there are those with good hearts like my friend Kanagarajah, who still do their part and spare a thought for those who are less fortunate. Though to ordinary folks like us, even RM1,000 is dearer than USD1,000 is to people like Bill Gates and Donald Trump, charity that comes from the heart is true and sincere.


Though the hall and kitchen were quite spacious, upstairs and in the rooms, it was quite packed. There are a total of around 52 occupants in this center at present, and comprise not only children, but some adults too. 

If you have the means, do spare some change or old clothes / toys from places like these, as majority of their funding comes from donations from kind and charitable folks.

Contact information for the Handicapped and Mentally-retarded Children's Center Melaka:

Contact: Mr Thomas (013-6913240)
E-mail : ppkktam@gmail.com
GPS Co-ordinates : 2.225674, 102.276760‎ or +2° 13' 32.43", +102° 16' 36.34"
Website : www.handicapjb.org.my (Headquarters in Johor Baru)


The Melaka center is just 1 of 6 centers under this organization. Map above (green arrow) indicates it's location.


More photos:






1 comment:

SC Chong said...

Thanks for this post. Its helpful. God bless

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts