Ongoing roadworks @ MITC intersection, Melaka

A post shared by Marvin Chong (@marvin.chong) on


Driving around Melaka town in the sweltering heat on this fine Saturday afternoon, noticed this pile of blocks in middle of the road construction site at the MITC intersection. Don't recall ever seeing this used before when flyovers were under construction (including the one near my office, close to the Melaka General Hospital). Had to look it up on the Internet when I got home (was driving, after all, so it wouldn't be right to check on my phone). Found a good source of info at : http://www.foundtest.com.my/services/mlt.html

So it seems this was to assess the strength and soundness of the foundation - learned something new today. :)

Great to know that there are preventive work packages planned in as part of the construction process to ensure quality is in place - hats off to the project manager!

Well, there are several such road upgrades ongoing, towards and in the heart of Melaka town. Hope the authorities can complete the projects soon, as any improvements to the traffic congestion (which can be quite bad during weekends and festive seasons) is sincerely welcome. As you can see, it was basically a standstill while waiting for the traffic lights to go green. So, I had ample amount of time to take my phone out of my pocket, unlock and turn on the camera app, compose, focus and take the short. Yes, and also check the short in the Gallery, lock my phone and put it back in my pocket, and continue waiting, before the traffic finally started moving.

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts