Photography for fun

I consider myself a later bloomer in the field of photography. Never really caught on until my dad gave me a Nikon Coolpix 775 as a present one day roughly 5 years ago. It was a 2 megapixel fully automatic camera (very entry-level by today's standards). However, those were the days where digital cameras were still relatively rare. My interest grew as I set about photographing everything in sight around the house (just got a new toy, after all). After refining my new found skills, I graduated to the next level, with a Coolpix 5400 and 5700 pair of prosumer cameras. You can tell that brand loyalty is strong in me. Personally, I was very happy with my first camera being a Nikon, so that's where my heart lies. If it had been a Canon, possibly I would be a Canon user today instead!

Anyway, with my new equipment, I kept myself busy by photographic sports / recreation events in my company (in which many opportunities are present). Indeed, I soon became known as the company photographer (due to the fact that I was the ONLY one with enough interest and dedication in the company). I soon pushed my Nikon pair to the limits of their performance envelop, namely low light performance (during annual dinner) and shot-to-shot speed (try photographing everyone during a football match prize giving and you'll get the picture).

Thus, my first DSLR, the D70. It was my primary workhorse for a couple of years, even today, serving as my backup camera next to my D200. Indeed, for everyday shooting, my good old D70 is my weapon of choice (much lighter than the D200, which I have outfitted with the battery grip).

Throughout my DSLR years, I have amasses a small collection of glass (lens, for the uninitiated). Mostly I use Nikon Primes, and Sigma Zooms. The only odd one out is the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8, which is the best walkaround lens for low light and everyday use.

Adding to my equipment collection soon? I've been looking at the Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 VR (which costs more than the D200 itself). Too expensive, but you get what you are paying for (sort of like getting a BMW). I've also considered the Fujifilm S5 Pro, but that's a bit over-priced in my opinion.

Most of my work will be posted at my Multiply site, since there's no real photo gallery option built into Blogger.

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts