A trip to Penang over the weekend - the Finale and the journey home

Well, it was time to depart. On the way home, planned to stop by Damansara for lunch with my father and (hopefully) my other sister as well.

The traffic going south was smooth, with no traffic jams. It's likely that there was no upgrading work being done on Sunday, so for the PLUS highway, both lanes were open.

Arrived at Damansara at 2pm, some 4 hours after leaving Penang. As half-expected, my sister was not free, so went for lunch with my father at Old Klang Road.


The CWZJ / home of tea kings restaurant


Have not been to Old Klang Road for some time now. The entire area seems to have undergone a lot of development, with raised ramps for cars, and new housing condominiums. Anyway, back to the restaurant. The name CWZJ is an acronym for a chinese phrase which I am unable to pronounce or spell out here. Hence the only text I can read is "The home of the Tea Kings" restaurant.


Dual language, for those of you who can read Chinese, please help to verify...


Tea on display on the shelves


Apart from the selection of freshwater sea food (the "raw material" is on display in the aquariums at the entrance), this shop specializes in tea. The waiters and waitresses are constantly topping up your cup of chinese tea while you eat.


Full contact info and address for those who are interested


After lunch, went back to my house, where I sat down for barely half an hour. Then it was time to leave for home. We went straight to my grandparents house, where my grandmother was cooking dinner that night. There we had authentic Baba / Nyonya food (the real deal, not like the commercialized versions you find in the restaurants around Melaka).


A sample of my grandmother's cooking...


Well, that was my trip to Penang. From calculation, appears that I covered 1162km within the last couple of days. Enjoyed this brief trip, and do look forward to another traveling experience soon...!


Final reading on the odometer

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts