A trip to Penang over the weekend - Pt I

Just this weekend, went up and came back from Penang. I was actually on Business trip, having to buy-off some equipment purchased by my department before they shipped it down to us. Going along with me were my wife, mother and sister. We planned to stay at her (my wife) sister's place - therefore, saved the cost of accommodation.


The journey begins - odometer reads 10752


Left on Friday afternoon after lunch. Took my Civic this time. Though it would be a smooth drive. That's where theory and actual fact shoot off in opposite directions....

These past few days, I have been caught up in more traffic jams than I can remember. On the PLUS highway North of KL right up to Penang, they were upgrading the roads, with the final intention being to widen them. Unfortunately, they had to close the two lane highway to a single lane in order to do this. At many points, my speed was a constant "0 kph".


Toilet break at rest stop


Traffic jam as seen from the road-side rest stop


That was in the afternoon, through to the evening, right through to night time!


It's dark, but still inching my way to Penang (still stuck in traffic jam!)

Record-breaking speed (break record for patience while driving)


Though we called ahead and told my sister-in-law and family to go ahead and eat dinner already, they still insisted to wait for us. So eventually, we arrived at our destination (Juru Autocity) at 9.00pm. That's 7 hours from departure time.

For dinner that night, we went to a Korean restaurant, which I don't frequent that often. Food was quite spicy, practically every dish contained chilly as an ingredient.


Huh, this is what restaurant?


Ah, now I see - Tar Chang Jin Korean Restaurant. Much clearer now....


Hot plate chicken meat (they help you to cook and serve)


Spicy food served with tea


Stone(?) rice (I think that's what they call it)

Another hot and spicy dish


If you cannot take spicy food, then you'd better pass on this one....

After a filling dinner, we walked around for awhile before heading back to my sister-in-law's place. Had better get some sleep, as I plan to get a head start to my supplier's office the next morning....

[ ... End of Part I ... ]

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts