Vandalised road signs

Today, went around doing some GPS Tracking with my Garmin eTrex Vista HCx. Today's assignment - to track the Northern and Eastern housing areas of Bukit Beruang, which includes filling in the road names as well.

In the latest version of the Malsingmaps map v2.14, there are some roads that are not yet named, and also not mapped yet. So, I decided to help fill in the blanks.

It's while going around today that I realised - we really have a lot of vandalized signposts around. Thus, there are a number of roads that I simply cannot identify by name because the signs are unreadable.

Some examples of what I saw today:-


There are a lot of stickers and bills on this sign post. So, we're supposed to play wheel-of-fortune to discover the road name? I'd like to buy an "A"...! :)


Some people get quite creative. The typical unattractive rectangular sign has been modified to a hexagon shape. Maybe this is to remove the sharp edges, since this sign is just outside a kindergarten?


This sign is leaning as though hit by something. Don't remember the wind ever being that strong....


This one looks like the victim of a level 5 hurricane. Not that we get any of those around here....

If you're lost, now's the time you pray that someone shows you a sign....

So, GPS mapping / tracking has its challenges. You can track all the roads down, but naming them is a different matter. Pity the postman who comes to these parts.

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts