Rediscovering the internet

Yesterday, my company generously bestowed upon its office hour employees and extra day of shutdown for the Deepavali celebrations (no thanks to the current global economic slowdown). Thus, with much time to spare, I fired up my trusty Firefox browser and set about revisiting some of my old internet haunts that I haven't managed to upkeep for some time.

Some of you may notice a sudden increase in activity for my Multiply (and hence it's mirror at Blogspot) site, which is basically me posting to cover some backlog after the recent months. After finally getting myself a new router to replace the one that was offered as sacrifice to a thunderstorm, I'm able to start posting again. Of course, I can access the internet from office, but that would be highly unprofessional of me to do so!

Anyway, I've also managed to post some on Photomalaysia. Most useful is now Facebook. It's amazing how this aspect of social networking actually works. I basically had only 2 friends on up until recently. Then, I just requested to add CMC as a friend, and suddenly there were a whole lot of familiar friends on Facebook to add as friends. In the span of a day, my friend count jumped from 2 to 12!

The best thing is that while I was logged on to Facebook today, I saw that one of my old friends, Muneela, was online. Thus, I managed to engage in an online chat via Facebook. It was good to contact my former colleague again after she left the company for roughly 2 years now. She's currently in Dubai with her husband (in a land where everything is expensive, but petrol is cheap).

Well, back to reality. Time to spend online isn't going to be in abundance all of the time - nonetheless I'll try to make an effort to keep posting here once in a while. I still have some backlogged posts to clear....

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts