Corporate policy - no Facebook


I have nothing against Facebook, the famous and popular social-networking site (quite similar to Multiply) that has grown exponentially popular, with no sign of slowing down! So popular, in fact, that some employers are putting Facebook on their Firewall's block list. I guess this is to prevent employees from getting too distracted with social-networking until they forget the main reason why they clocked in for work....

For more information on Facebook, check out their Wikipedia entry here (which I doubt would be blocked by anyone except for the most draconian and vile IT).

As for me, I'm a happy Facebook user, as I have managed to renew some long-lost links with my old schoolmates (and by old I mean from Primary school some 20 years ago). Somehow, the pages have a more clean and standardized look (unlike Myspace and Friendster, where one will quickly learn that the power to create does not always yield works of art!). This is good, as it looks more mature than a psychedelic page with blinking text, animated GIF's and Flash that makes the Vegas Strip look like a page out of the Business Times!

Well, we have to be thankful we can even access the Internet at work. I remember from my first company, we didn't even have dedicated PC's, so we had our desks (no cubicles) in the middle of the office room, and the PC's were all lined up against the wall (like in a Cybercafe) with all of them networked to one inkjet printer. Sigh, I've come such a long way since then....

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts