When things change - look at yourself first

The saying goes - "For things to change, I must change first". When put in another context, when things change, it could be due to something that we changed first.

My standard flow for blogging is as follows:-

1. Compose and post blog from my Multiply site
2. Cross post from Multiply to Blogspot
3. Edit / touch up exported Blogspot post
4. Automatically set up Facebook to import from Blogspot to Notes

I posted on my Blog earlier this month as normal. However, after a lapse of nearly a month, I found that my last two posts made yesterday did not make it to Blogspot after 24 hours.

Hmm, could Multiply have changed something? Or maybe Blogspot? These questions that I ask myself reveal an in-built fear of change that usually comes with no warning or indication (I've had some nasty experiences in life on these lines).

After dwelling on this issue overnight, I finally remembered - I could have changed my Blogspot login password, but forgot to change the cross-posting settings in Multiply. With the old password, there was no way Multiply could complete the automated login to Blogspot.

Well, I have changed the settings and hopefully, this post will appear at my Blogspot site as well as my Facebook profile. Will know for sure shortly once I click on "Save & Publish"...!

Note to self (2 hours later) : Hmm, doesn't seem to solve the problem. Will try again later....

Another note to self : Re-entered Blogspot details in Multiply and now it seems to work! Hmm, this looks to be a sign - must post more regularly....!

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts