Toyota Vios - 20K Service Experience

Today, I'm off from work (again) due to the "short work week" directive again. Best take the opportunity to send my wife's Vios in for servicing at the service center at Cheng.

Made the appointment by phone for today at 10.00am. Morning seems to be the most popular choice for people to send in their cars for servicing, as the customer lounge was "full" at least until 11.00am. Now, I clarify on the term "full". Toyota, to their credit, made their customer waiting lounge rather spacious, which was a boost to the comfort of their waiting customers. Unfortunately, this results in a lot of empty space (and therefore, lack of chairs). I stood by the magazine rack for a good one hour plus, until there were seats vacant.

For the 20K service today, it took roughly 2.5 hours, with my car finally ready at 1.30pm. Could have been faster if I had opted to forgo the wash and wheel alignment.

From the look of things, labour cost amounts to 50% of the total service charges. Looks like wheel balancing and alignment costs are also quite high. Labour cost to service my Honda Civic appears to be cheaper (example the 15K service labour cost was only ~RM60).

Well, at least we don't travel around so much, so servicing is only required every 4~5 months....

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts