Farewell to Boon GC

Sigh. I was just lamenting on how often I had to shake hands and say goodbye to my colleagues - today I got yet another chance to perfect my technique....

Boon Gaik Chu was a quiet and reserved lady, for as long as I can remember knowing her. So it came as no surprise that her decision to move to greener pastures was devoid of much "hoo-hah". It almost slipped my mind that today was her last working day (knowledge of this came to me through mostly unofficial channels, so the validity and accuracy of my sources left much room for improvement. Luckily, for this particular instance, my sources were spot on). Rushing back to our common office block from a really long meeting that held me up way past the official working hours, I was fortunate enough to find her just packing her things, logging off from her PC for the very last time....

As usual, she greeted me with a smile. Not uncommon coming from Boon, who, in spite of the rigors and challenges of daily working life, somehow always manages to put up a bright and cheery front. Where does her future lie? That's still a mystery to me. However, wherever she may go, given her diligence and great working attitude, I know that she will certainly go far (up the ladder, not far away).


In the rush to say goodbye, I did not manage to snap off a parting shot. So, I have here an older photo taken some time ago (actually, she still looks pretty much the same, albeit with a change in hairdo).

Well, my friend, Aloha ʻoe, until we meet again....

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts