Farewell to Ee WC

Forgive me for the lack of variety on the subject matters of my posts. Lately, there seems to be a domino effect that results in a chain of events faster than I can think of some "non-related" events to write about....

Last Friday, I shook hands with my engineer, Ee Woei Chang. A move that is becoming well-rehearsed and almost instinctive, due to the amount of practice I've had in the past few days. Not surprisingly, young and vibrant individuals rarely find themselves without options - and as fate would have it, Ee did indeed have an ace up his sleeves.

As of this moment, I only know that he will be going to "KL" (which more often than once turns out to be somewhere in Selangor).

Thus, last week, we had a small farewell dinner, inviting along some of the former Engineers who once served under the banner of our department. Here we are, against a totally unrelated backdrop depicting the "Legend of the Barcelos Cockerel" (no prizes for guessing where this is). Due to the fact that our dinner was smack in the middle of the week (last-minute change of plan), it was not possible to extend our invitation to other members of the ever-growing "Ex-PD" group, as some of us really did go to "KL" and start a new career. Anyway, we managed to get Sean (seasoned Engineer), Kek (fresh out of the company) and Tai (who came also with Kelvin, not in the picture as he was holding the camera).


L-R (back row) : Asri, Zul, Ee (the VIP), Kek, Sean

L-R (seated) : Me, Yan + daughter, Juliyana and Tai

Actually, there is another (person leaving). Can you guess who it is? If you have no clue, don't worry, as you will ready about it at the beginning of next month.... :)

Well, tomorrow, I start another day in the office with less one man on board. Ee was with us for just over a year, but in this brief span of time has contributed immensely to our department goals and efforts. It was great having him on board, and so, like the others before him, I sadly close yet another chapter in our department's story....

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts