Farewell to Jerry and Tharuma

I make it a point to note down memorable dates, such as the last days of my friends and colleagues at work. Over the span of nearly a decade, I have since lost track of countless farewells that have been said.

Last Friday was the last working day of my colleague, Jerry, a veteran and true authority in the field of Environment, Safety and Health (and even Infrastructure / Facilities / Security as well). Once again, due to poor flow of information in my direction, I found out DURING Friday lunch, that Jerry was only in for the first half of the day. Meaning, he wasn't coming back after lunch, or ever.

Well, in a meeting late into the afternoon, I received an e-mail from yet another colleague, Tharuma, that it was his last day at work. Didn't hear any mention of him leaving, so this came as much of a surprise, not only for me, but to practically everyone else, even his co-workers over at the logistics department.

That's 2 less people in the company this week, practically disappearing overnight. All the more reason to remember, don't put off meeting anyone, and always treat everyone like they are the most important people that you've met so far that day. You will never know when the next meeting might take place!

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts