Kam Cheng July 2010 - Happy Birthday, Mr Moey!


For those who don't speak the local Chinese dialect of Hokkien, "Kum Cheng" roughly means "togetherness". So this is the term that we adopted for use whenever we found ourselves lacking an excuse to get together after work and have a good time!

This month, coincidentally, was the month of Mr Moey's birthday, which also happened to be the day he joined the company. The fateful event was organized on a week day, which mean having to leave the office fairly early (by my standards), and cutting short my regular teleconference with my German boss.

I hitched a ride with Zufri, my old friend from HR (parking space was rather limited at the condo). We arrived early, and help with the setting up of tables for the buffet-style dinner. We arranged for a small karaoke set-up to keep ourselves entertained after having our fill.

There were a total of 40+ colleagues from the office, as well as Mr Moey's wife and other family member (I did not manage to discern her identity).

The event went off without a hitch. The sky was perfect (here, as long as it doesn't rain, it's considered perfect). Food was delicious and plentiful (though we did run out of drinks early). Of course, saving the best for last, we sang the traditional Happy Birthday song for the guest of honor, before helping ourselves to the specially ordered mocha cake (sorry, Mr Moey - they were out of cappucino!).

Congratulations to Mr Moey once again on his birthday celebration - many more to come in future!

And also, a very big thank you to the trio of Lye Yin, Lay Suat and Vivien for pulling off yet another successful kum cheng session!

A small photo gallery resides on my Multiply site : http://mcwk.multiply.com/photos/album/85/Kum_Cheng_July_2010_-_Happy_Birthday_Mr_Moey

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts