3rd Service - Toyota Vios

Been busy as usual, for the past week or so. Got lots of things to update, but very little time to do so. Best start with the short ones first.

Today, sent my wife's Vios for 3rd service. By right, need to send close to 10,000 km mileage, but it's been 6 months already, with only 8,800 km on the clock. Better send in before the Chinese New Year.

Made appointment last week for 8.30am this morning. Toyota has only 1 service center in Melaka, which is not open on weekends, so settled for an appointment early this morning. After dropping my wife off at her office, I proceeded to the Toyota Service Center at Krubong....

Arrived at ~8.20am. Already, the parking bays were full. It took them awhile to attend to me. I was directed to counter #2. I don't understand why counter #1 and #4 were empty, though there were staff there, but not attending to anyone....

While waiting, a nice Indian lady served me a sandwich and a cup of hot Nescafe. The SA attended to me at 8.35am. Lucky she didn't say I was late, as I was visibly sitting in front of her counter for quite some time. Anyway, I was told to come and collect my car at 11.30am, or worse case, at 1.00pm.

Fast forward to now. I just collected my car. Went there at 12.00pm, got car only at 1.30pm. My car was visibly ready at 12.20pm or so, but still I waited for my SA to return from lunch around 1.10pm. I believe that they can improve on this to get the cars rolling out as soon as they finish - right now there is a lot of time between stages.

Well, the next service will be at 20,000km, which at the current rate of use, would be some time next year. I think that I'd better send in at 15,000km, which is still an awfully long way off (given that most of the time we take my car instead of this one)!

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts