Details and Layout of the Sepang F1 Circuit track

Ever since the HPC event by the 8GCC last year, I've yet to put in more details on the F1 circuit itself (too focused on the cars and other distractions!)....

Well, the Sepang F1 Circuit is located somewhere in the outskirts, away from high densities of population. It's actually quite close to the KL International Airport. Folks who do live in the vicinity are quite used to the sound of jumbo jet engines screaming at full power during takeoff and landings, so the F1 track is the perfect place to test your car, and that barely legal 3" exhaust pipe!

The main track itself is 5,542 meters long, and is made up of 15 turns. For the purpose of track day events, the track is actually split up into two smaller tracks - North track and South track.


The North track was where the recent HPC took place. It's fairly long with the longest straight going past the grand stand (which allows for you to test your acceleration). Don't get carried away, as the end of the straight comes up quite fast, so you'll have to brake well in advance in order to take the tight S-curve to the right. It stretches a total of 2,706 meters, and is made up of 9 turns.


The South track is appears to have a slightly longer stretch for speeding along, with turn 1 more of a slight right bend. Turn 2 is a killer hairpin, though, which is not to be underestimated! The South track is 2,609 meters long and has 1 turn less than North track.

The next HPC event is coming up in April. At present, I don't have any plans to sign up (at least, not until I feel that my Civic is up to the challenge). Still, the lure of my 8GCC bros is strong, so I may or may not change my mind. Well, either case, I'll surely be there in Sepang with the guys in April, whether behind the wheel of my car on the track, or behind my camera lens...!

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts