RON92 - what it's like after 2 tanks full of the stuff....

First tank full was with BHP RON92, second tank filled up with Caltex Techron RON92. As I've mentioned before, my decision is to use Caltex for RON92 refuelling, because they are the only one so far who declare that they include their additive (Techron) in both RON92 and RON97 fuel.

I'll refrain from putting in my personal feelings from my "butt dyno" since this will be purely psychological. I do reiterate however, that there is no significant difference in terms of performance and noise.

Now, up to this stage, my average is 11.322km/l or 8.905l/100km. According to the spec sheet on the Australian Honda Civic Web Page, my FD2 should be doing 8.4l/100km on a combined cycle. So, my average is slightly worse than spec....

With the first tankful of RON92, I got 10.814km/l or 9.247l/100km. Second tank, due to my recent trip to KL and also the discover of Hypermilling (which should not be adopted 100% - just take the few key practical pointers), I got 13.382km/l or 7.473l/100km. This is significantly better than spec. Note that this is not my best ever FC record (I've achieved 13.703km/l or 7.297l/100km before). So, I can say that driving style and road conditions greatly affect fuel economy.

I am planning some modifications on my ride, which theoretically will not impact FC (actually, I plan to improve it). Unfortunately, Desmond could not get the stuff in in time (so now, instead of being "poisoned", it is actually the other way around!). Will write more about it once I get the mods installed....

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts