Wesak Day celebrations at Bukit Beruang

The celebrations for this year's Wesak Day (Buddha's Birthday), although toned down in light of the recent China and Myanmar disasters, are still on. This morning, my wife and I went to the Buddhasassananuggaha Buddhist Society in Bukit Beruang for some prayers and Metta meditation. Met up with my in-laws over there, and, due to lack of communication, found that my uncle, aunt and cousin were there too (a coincidential mini-family gathering!).

Started off at 10am with some chanting and meditation, followed by a slow walk around the meditation center compound carrying flowers, and finally the symbolic "bathing of Budda" statue.

Had to leave before lunch, as my mother called - little baby girl crying for milk back home....








No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts