Applying for installation of utilities for a new house

Took leave today to apply for power and water supply for my new house. Renovations about to begin, so the utilities had to be in place in order to facilitate the contractor.

I took the first half of the morning hunting all over my house for the necessary documentation. Filing is not one of my strong points....

Eventually, I made it to the TNB office at Bandar Kaba (just beside the old police headquarters). For those of you with no prior experience, here's what you need (2 sets - 1 for electricity, 1 for water):
  • Photocopy of your Mykad - front and back. Write your new house address somewhere on the empty space available, to save time
  • RM10 "setem hasil" which you can get from the post office
  • Photocopy of your Certificate of Fitness (CF)
  • Photocopy of your Sales and Purchase Agreement (S&P)
Since it was a working day, there was practically no queue. I took a number and it was already my turn, even before I had a chance to sit down. Applying for a 3 phase power supply, the deposit was RM560. According to the nice lady behind the counter, their guys should be coming around to fix the meter sometime within the next two working days.

Next, I headed off towards Jalan Hang Tuah, where the Syarikat Air Melaka Berhad was located. Parked my car and walked into the office. Just as before, practically no queue. So, after submitting my documents, filling their form on the counter, and paying a deposit of RM110, I was back out on my way home.

I scratched the time on my 1 hour parking coupon - 10:10AM. I got home at 11:00PM. Unbelievably fast.

I also went over to my new house to collect the keys from the site supervisor. Found that the outside wall was cracked in one location, and strangely, the two shower heads in the upstairs bathrooms were only 4 feet off the ground (good for little people and kids, but no-no for regular people).

I'll be filling these into my complaint form and sending it back to the developer for rectification soon.

Well, with all these done, I just have to ensure that the water and electricity supplies are installed within the next couple of days, and follow up on the progress of the renovations from time to time. With any luck, my new house should be ready before CNY!

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts