Deepavali Musical Nite 2007

 
Last weekend was a busy one indeed. On Saturday night, the Hindus of VSM organized their Deepavali Musical Nite 2007 at the Orchid Hotel. It's actually been nearly a month since the actual Deepavali, however, everyone's busy, so it's only now that they've managed to put together a celebration.

The Hotel Orchid was a relatively small hotel, with a really small function room (could just about fit 10-12 tables max.) and an even smaller parking lot (l parked at the Bayview Hotel next door, just to avoid complications).

The guest of honors were the management team of VSM, headed by the General Manager himself, Mr. Wee, who came with his wife and daughter. Also present were IEHS manager Mr Zulkifli and Production Manager Thye CL.

The event was filled with cultural and modern dances by the Chetti and also Peringgit Boys. There were also renditions of songs by the hired entertainment as well as members of the floor. As the main event, we had also a comedy sketch featuring our localized version of "Dr. Bombay", played by Logistics guy, Anand.

Throughout the night, 10 lucky draw hampers were given away. In the end, before parting company, the audience was invited on to the dance floor for some disco numbers.

In all, the organizing committee (notably Mr Tharuma, Mr Nowuram and the others) have outdid themselves once again. Look forward to next year's event!

I was there as the designated photographer (as usual). My choice of lens boiled down the Nikkor 85mm F1.8D and the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8, both excellent low light performers. To avoid swapping lenses, I mounted them on my D70 and D200 bodies respectively.

Meanwhile, the photo galleries are at:-

D70 Gallery - I
D200 Gallery - I
D200 Gallery - II

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts