First time participant - Healthy Lifestyle Relay 2007

 
Last Monday, I took part in my company's Healthy Lifestyle Relay. Don't ask me how I got myself into it - basically, I am more of the couch-potato type. Never though I'd find myself running competitively.

To be fair, the distance was relatively short (1.2km, as measured on Mapsource). For those seasoned marathon runners, 1.2km is a warm up lap. For me, that's one really long journey.

Luckily, I was the first runner (so the pressure of catching up with the rest of the pack belonged to the other 3 runners!). Out of 28 teams, we managed to finish a respectable 9th place. Unfortunately, due to budget constraints, the prizes were only up to 5th place. Hmm, must increase this to 10 next year....

The plastic bags that we are holding were the food rations given away. Consisted of orange juice, a banana and something else that I can't remember (remember, healthy food).

This event was also memorable because it was the only event where there were so many office hour staff taking place.

I will be posting more photos on this in the photo section soon.

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts