Xtreme Nights 2007 @ Car Park A, Bukit Jalil

Last Saturday, right after my appointment at KL Auto, I made it to the Xtreme Nights event at Bukit Jalil to join Kenjiez and Takashi24.

Didn't know what exactly to expect, this being the first time attending such an event.

It was already dark by the time I got there. Actually, it was REALLY dark, as there weren't enough lights in the correct places.

There were lots of cars, and even more girls, and really, really lots of photographers around. The cars were really pimped up, the idea being more for flashy and bling factor, rather than performance. These were strictly for display purposes, as there was virtually no more boot space left, making them impractical for everyday use. Besides, who would dare to park their show cars unguarded in the streets of KL?



For the girls, they were all over the place. I think that there was a lot of pushing and shoving as hoards of photographers crowded around them. Well, I think that if the situation was a bit more encouraging, there'd be more opportunity to get some better shots.


Was walking around, managed to find the Kaitenaz booth area. Wanted to look for my friend, Naz, but unfortunately, he was no where to be found....

Towards the later half of the evening, all attention was diverted to the center stage, where there were some stage events. Let's see, there was a display of yoga (or, in layman's terms, "how the heck can that guy bend like that?"), Capoeira (Brazillian martial arts that's more like dancing), more dancing by the girls and a group of guys, and more yoga display. The action was quite high and far up on stage, so, being armed only with a Nikkor 85mm F1.8 and a Tamron 17-50mm F2.8, I was pretty isolated from all that action. Hmm, next time, I will come better prepared. That didn't stop the photographer hoard from lining up all along the perimeter of the stage barricade, which meant I had to stand even further back from the stage....

Left around 10~11pm, as I and Kenjiez were heading straight back to our hometown. Arrived home at midnight, and got some well needed sleep, as tomorrow was yet to be a busy day....

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts