Wei Ming's Wedding - 2nd December 2007

I've been summoned again! Looks like my friends are all lined up to get married these few months. Just not too long ago, it was Pon, now it's my primary / secondary schoolmate, Wei Ming's turn.

The wedding was held at a new restaurant, the aptly named Lucky Famous Restaurant. It's in Melaka Raya, opposite the Harbour Club. As the road is one way, you'll reach it first, and Amigo's is just a few doors down the road.

I was actually eager to meet up with old friends, and at the same time, try to be early from now on. Hence, official starting time = 7.00pm, my arrival = 6.30pm.

Unfortunately, none of my former classmates shared the same enthusiasm, so I was basically sitting alone by myself for roughly 45minutes before the first of my old friends arrived.

Seng Keat (behind the two sprite bottles) talking to Tiong Ping. Note that the entire room was packed. No room to move about, so I'm effectively stuck at my seat for the rest of the night!

Eventually, there were just the 4 of us, Min Fee, Tiong Ping and Seng Keat (in order of appearance). Sigh, it's hard to meet up with old friends nowadays, everyone's married and become parents. No time for old friends anymore....

Bride and groom preparing for the wedding march (quite far away from where I am)

Anyway, I did bring along my D200. Unfortunately, the restaurant was packed. Hence, mobility was somewhat limited (let's just say my waist will not clear the 6-inch gap between chairs). So, more unfortunately, I did not bring any other lens except the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 which was mounted on my D200. So, you'll see here that I'm slightly lacking in zoom power.

Argh! That's as close as I can zoom in on the main stage. Never mind, I have a plan....

Tightly cropped (from the original photo). Not bad, huh?

Well, at least with 10 megapixels, I can get a decent crop out of the photos, so there's still some hope.

Another cropped shot of the groom delivering his speech (you can see from the paper in his hand that he has a lot to say)

It was a quick and clean dinner, with entertainment throughout the night in the form of karaoke on stage (some members of the audience really took to the stage).

Finally, they're at our table. Time for YAAAAM SEEEENG!!!

The dinner was over by 10.00pm, right after desert (coconut pudding).

Well, another one of my friends has joined the club! Another one's coming up next month (January, so technically that's next YEAR). More details on that in due time....

Oh, yeah - for those of you who'd like the contact information of the restaurant (perhaps you're planning a wedding of your own?), please refer below:-



No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts