Teambuilding at Taman Botanika Melaka (8/9 Dec 2007)

OK. To be honest, I was supposed to spend the night here, but since I was at the Xtreme Nights 2007 event and only came back at midnight, I only went over on Sunday Morning to join the rest of the group at Taman Botanika Melaka (formerly known as Hutan Rekreasi Melaka).

There were roughly around 40 of us from the Emergency Response Team. The current location was chosen so we didn't have to travel very far from our factory (though some of us who lived in the outskirts of Melaka might beg to differ!) The participants were divided into 3 groups - Singa (lion), Bangau (stork) and Katak (frog), and points were awarded for each of the games that were held (so there was incentive for them to go all out to win).

I missed the limbo rock and presentation the night before. I could have come over, but seeing that I got a little lost on the way to the campsite in broad daylight, coming over at night would probably add a search-and-rescue operation to the list of activities.... Fortunately, it didn't rain that night.

I actually parked right outside and walked all the way inside to the campsite. Later I found out that there was an unpaved road leading directly to the camping grounds. Actually, unpaved is a nice way of putting it. The road was laid with gravel, but not tarred yet. This made it necessary for me to inch my way through at a "blazing" speed of 10kph, to avoid damage due to flying rocks. Eventually I made it there (I later had to make my way out following the same trail).

Well, at least, due to my soundproofing and new shocks, it was more of a slightly noisy affair rather than a bumpy one.

The next day, we had a few more games, and shortly after lunch, it rained (everyone was sleeping in their tents). It was then that Mr Zulkifli, the IEHS manager, arrived for the prize-giving ceremony.

Well, it was another successful offsite event. Looking forward to next year's team building effort!

Links to the photo galleries are over here:-
The map to Taman Botanika, Melaka

No comments:

150,000km Preventive Maintenance Service @ GS Tay Honda Muar

It's been awhile since my last such posting. Just because I don't write about it doesn't mean I don't do my preventive maint...

Popular Posts